Epworth Old Rectory is open from March to October. All are welcome to visit and explore this wonderful house and its gardens. Our volunteers will provide you with a warm welcome, come rain or shine. Explore the house with one of our knowledgeable tour guides, learning about the life of the Wesley family when they lived here in the 18th century. You can explore the gardens, including our Physic Garden, based on John Wesley’s book of home remedies, Primitive Physic. You can also visit our shop with its wide range of Methodist books and souvenirs.
March, April and October – Tuesday to Saturday and Bank Holiday Mondays: 10:30am to 3:30pm, last admissions 3:00pm.
May to September – Tuesday to Saturday and Bank Holiday Mondays: 10:00am to 4:30pm, last admissions 4:00pm.
Good Friday – Closed.
- Adult – £7.00
- Concession – £6.00
- Groups (10 or more people) – £6.00
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children under 16) – £20.00
- Student in full time education – £5.00
- Child under 16 – £4.00
- Walk with Wesley and House Tour, adults (by prior arrangement) – £12.00
- Walk with Wesley and House Tour, children (by prior arrangement) – £6.00
- School Groups – £3.00 per child (up to 3 adults free)
Currently the grounds are accessible for wheelchairs, there are two disabled toilets, and parking can be arranged close to the house. The shop is also accessible. There is a ramp to the front door of the Old Rectory and the ground floor is accessible, though there are some small changes of level. Unfortunately the first and second floors of the house are not wheelchair accessible. There is a reduced admission charge for those who are unable to access the upper floors of the house. Guide dogs are welcome. Our guides will adapt the tour of the house according to the varying needs of all visitors.
Photograph Book and Virtual Tour
To enable all visitors to experience as much of the Old Rectory as possible, a photographic tour of the house is available. This can be accessed in two formats: a photograph book and PowerPoint presentation on an iPad. If you would like to have a look at these please ask one of our volunteers.
You can also visit the house virtually using the Virtual Tour on our website.
Personal (non-commercial) photography and filming are permitted at Epworth Old Rectory. However we ask visitors to be sensitive and respectful in their use of photography equipment:
- Please do not carry large tripods and selfie-sticks around the house. These can be left safely in the shop during your visit.
- Where possible, please do not use flash as this can damage artefacts.
- Please do not distract other visitors from their tour.
If you would prefer not to take photographs, there are postcards for sale in the shop showing several views of the inside of the Rectory.
Commercial photographers and film crews are asked to contact the Old Rectory using the form below, or via telephone.